Official websites use .mil
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
The unit was reorganized and redesignated on 15 February 1957 as Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 1st Infantry Division Artillery. It was inactivated on 15 November 1995 at Fort Riley, Kansas. The unit was reactivated on 16 February 1996 in Germany. In FY06, as part of the Army's transformation towards a modular force, Division Artillery, 1st Infantry Division (Mechanized) was inactivated. As part of the modular transformation, each of the Division's 4 maneuver brigades received an organic field artillery battalion.
On Oct. 16, 2015, the 1st Infantry Division Artillery was activated and received attachment of all 1st Infantry Division fire elements in order to standardize gunnery and fire support procedures, integrate and fire in support of maneuver operations, and synchronize the effects of Joint fire to ensure combat-ready forces for the 1st Infantry Division.
Division Artillery — DIVARTY — provides a single proponent within 1st Inf. Div. for standardized fires certification and leader development while exemplifying effective Mission Command (Art 5.0); and supporting the seamless cross-attachment of units with common procedures and a shared understanding of the Fire's warfighting capabilities.